here’s a screenshot of the Pd interface that I developed to perform for Electrofringe 2006.
click on the image for full sized version:
I made heavy use of the (now quite usable) Graph on Parent feature - so that I could instantiate abstraction subpatches that created each of those GUI blocks in the patch.
Blocks aren’t really well labeled in this screenshot, but from left to right, top to bottom, these are the abstractions I developed and used in the patch:
- on the first row:
- a timer (clock), so i know how long i’ve been playing
- a “heartbeat” synth i made which emits a nice low bass pulse
- then three instances of the same ambisonic audio file player (that plays back my 4 channel ambisonic field recordings, and decodes them to 5 channel surround format)
- a single instance of a stereo audio file player
- on the second row:
- two instances of my 5 channel granulator - based on an improved version of the stereo granulator i’ve released elsewhere on my website
- a surround glitch/pop generator based on filtered single sample impulses with controlled stochastic triggering and panning
- and on the final row:
- a CPU load meter
- DSP switch
- mixer for all the abstractions, grouped into foreground and background sounds
- and the 5 channel output and recorder - which was the last thing i implemented, and seemed unreliable, so i didn’t use it to record my performance live. i’ll record a version sometime soon.